Thursday, November 29, 2012

Previous Employment

Elkdale Country Club

Elkdale Country Club is a semi-private course located in Salamanca, New York.  A relatively short course, the difficulty lies in the slippery greens and undulating terrain.

I was employed by Elkdale Country Club from 1995 to 2002.  During my tenure, with the help of the Board of Governors, my assistant and our crew, we transformed Elkdale from an mediocre local course to a pristinely maintained destination.  We were known for our quick, consistent greens and perfectly manicured turf.

Accomplishments at Elkdale included the purchase and installation of a then state of the art Toro Osmac irrigation system, several drainage projects, and the implementation of my management program, leading to vastly improved turf health and playing conditions.

Elkdale Country Club is still one of my favorites and dear to my heart.  I enjoyed my time there working with a wonderful staff and Board of Governors.

No comments:

Post a Comment